Tuesday 12 February 2013

Testing. Testing.

And that ladies and gentlemen was term test 1. Personally, I wouldn't say that it was a breeze, but it certainly wasn't a storm either. Friday was just one of those days. If you know what I mean. To be honest, I didn't spend as much time as I would have liked studying for this test since I had test in econ shortly after. (And if you're in econ you know how crazy those tests can be) So my preparation for this test included a quick glance through the course notes, quizzes, past tests, and the assignment and leaving the rest to the cheat sheet. It proved to be a blessing and a curse. Thanks to it, I was ready to face the full wrath of any and all quantifiers. However, when it came down to delta epsilon, it seemed no amount of 'cheating' would help. It took me a long time to reason with myself, (and my enemy) and to convince myself that I had the right answer. Maybe I should have left it blank, I don't know. But we'll find out soon enough.

The last couple of weeks were spent in proving various mathematical statements. For example, if n is an odd natural number, prove that it's square is also an odd natural number. The structure of a proof may turn out to be by guardian angel! Admittedly, my mind isn't creative enough to conjure up proofs. I can somewhat reason out why a statement would be true or not, but when it comes time to express what's in my mind, I freeze up. I guess I have the inability to express myself with mathematical reasoning and expression. And maybe that's why this course is going to be invaluable to my overall development.

Anyways, the answer to last weeks riddle was 'Rhombus'. You would use a 'RhOMbus' to go to the R.O.M.  HA-HA, yeah i know.

No comments:

Post a Comment